5 Jun 2013

REVIEW | Benefit- 'They're Real' Mascara

Hello there!
This my first ever post so I might as well explain my reasoning to the hype around Benefit's 'They're Real' mascara. Firstly, I don't own the full size but man am I impressed by what I have! I was intending to buy this in the foreseeable future, but when I realised that  May's edition of Elle Magazine had a sample size, I quickly had to take advantage! After debating whether to buy the smaller tube in Boots, to test, I took this as my opportunity to see what all the fuss was about. Anyway, because there was a decent sample size of the much desired mascara, I was soo excited to see what it had to offer because I wanted to know what all the hype was about.  My favorite blogs and YouTube channels had all previously raved about this being the new 'thing' and ultimate mascara.
OH MY!
I was fairly skeptical about the statistics on the side of the packaging, whether that be about lengthening, the longevity of the lash enhancing mascara and the lack of flakes- but- my mind is now changed. I can officially say I am overwhelmed by the results of what Benefit's new mascara has to offer, in addition to the cute gun metal packaging which makes it so much more appealing, my eyelashes remain curled throughout a full day at college, no flaking and certainly voluminous. I believe the rubber wand with tiny teeth help create this look that I so long for! The wand also has a ball on the end which helps coat stubborn eyelashes on the outer corners which is a incredibly impressive to me because my eyelashes are mainly full on the outer corners. I almost always choose bristle wands on my mascaras as, to me, they give a much more natural and 'fluttery' effect.

Although Boots offer the smaller tube, as mentioned for just under £10, the full size of the mascara is £19.50.  This is quite expensive for just as mascara but I definitely deem it worth every penny. I have ditched my Lancome 'Hypnose' mascara and been converted into Benefit believer. I will certainly be splashing out on the full size once I have run out!


TTYS,
CLB



My very scary bare eyelashes with a full face of make-up!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. I also do not have the full size product but I really intend to buy it. I received mine as a birthday gift from Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, its such a good mascara for lengthening, volumising and staying power!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete